THE SANCTUARY PAKBENG LODGE AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
The Lodge wishes to promote forms of tourism, which are socially responsible, economically productive and environmentally friendly.
We understand the need to balance sustainable tourism practices with social, cultural and ethnic differences.
Therefore, our commitment is the empowerment of the local populations and the protection of the environment that we support through leading CSR projects
THE MEKONG ELEPHANT PARK
The Sanctuary Pakbeng Lodge believes in having meaningful interactions in a regulated and sustainable manner. This prevents abuse and improves the livelihoods for any involved animal. In this sphere, we directly support the Mekong Elephant Park, a non-riding elephant Sanctuary located just opposite the Lodge.
Since its opening in 2007, we have been dedicated to:
- The financing of the park to support preservation and conservation projects.
- Help towards the rescue of new elephants.
- The financing of the opening of the site that we continue helping as to ensure its maintenance.
A DIVISION OF LES MEDECINS DE CHINGUETTI PAKBENG
This association built the health center, which has been managed by French doctors since November 2007. These doctors, who are present year-round, deliver free care to the local population in Pakbeng and its surrounding villages.
The Sanctuary Pakbeng Lodge:
- Houses the health center on its property, finances the presence of the doctors every year and takes care of the transportation and accommodation of the entire team.
- Facilitates the collaboration between the association's doctors and the local health service, by arranging meetings and training initiatives.
- Collects medicine donated by travellers and gives them to the free health centre, which, in turn, organises and classifies the drugs according to their expiration date.
- Manages a fund for donations.
THE BOTANICAL GARDEN: COMMUNITY SHARING OF PLOTS OF LAND AS WELL AS HARVESTS OF OUR GARDEN
Members of our staff have been allocated a plot of land from the property’s garden for their personal use, not just in order to provide enough fruit and vegetables for their family but also giving them the opportunity to earn an extra income by selling their harvest at the local market or directly to the Lodge.
THE SANCTUARY PAKBENG LODGE'S BOUTIQUE
Through our Boutique, we introduce travelers to social enterprise community projects we support to ensure any handicrafts or locally made goods they may wish to purchase are both ethically sourced, effectively priced and contribute to the continued sustainability of jobs in the region.
COLLECT OF SCHOOL SUPPLY
- Guest are encouraged to come with school supplies (books, pens…)
- The Sanctuary Pakbeng Lodge collects the items and delivers them to the local school.
CONTACT US for more information on our Corporate Social Responsibilities
Sanctuary Pakbeng Lodge was honored to receive and is working hard to being re-certified as Travelife Gold Certificate. We always make maximum efforts to ensure environmental-friendly services and giving back to the community around us.
We are proud to be listed as a Sustainable Travel Destination by Ethik Hôtels - a free and participatory directory of responsible establishments (hotels, guest houses, lodges, campsites, etc.) around the world.